has anyone everseen the clear monte tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i saw them on ebay once, it was a long time ago though. i took my friends tail lights from his monte and heated them with a heat gun to open them up. behind them the reverse light is one big peice of plastic. if you take a dremel tool and cut off the top part, it gets rid of that plastic inside, so they are now pure red. while your in there spray the backs with chrome look a like spray paint, and throw some of those 45 led bulbs in there. i also took that emblem off of it, and sanded the outside down with 1000 grit sandpaper, to remove the d.o.t letters on there and hit it with about 10 coats of clear. they came out really nice, and the leds show up really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor