Has anyone made a functional cowl induction setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
I never did have any issues with too much water entering.Because mine was more like the Z-28 and Chevelles set up ,And had an additional intake entrance,

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I didn't build one but I did buy one from Ram Air Box;
http://www.ramairbox.com/models.html
Heres a picture;
IMG_0218.JPG

Guy

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Greetings Zspoiler & all: Your set up must have something different than mine?? I had thought the same thing until Mother Nature showed me different. Coming back (75 mi) from Car Craft Nat's (2016?). I drove in what weather man say is "training rain" (1-1/2 hours) at 35 40 MPH when most drivers were on the side of road. Heavy rain would be an understatement! So I'm watchin' the rain come off the raised cowl portion of the hood excepting it to turn 180* & I would have pull over to the side of the road too. To my amazement the rain only turned 90* down into the windowshield cowl! Car ran fine, so when I got home I opened the hood excepting a wet air box! To my surprise like ONE drop of water, 99% dry, go figure. Now had I been able to drive faster the higher pressure may have driven the rain into a 180* turn & I would of seen more water enter the air box. But haven't experience that problem either, maybe because it would be a lighter rain when ya can 60-70 MPH. But what I did experience from that torrential down poor (Car Craft Nat's) was humidity vapor getting into the distributor threw the vent (MSD vented cap). And that sets under the air box & is sealed from the open air box. So that moisture was just spray coming up around the engine-trans area kicked up by front tires. From experience, Ole Bob.
Ps: Note hood vents for exiting HOT air, could be bigger!
Vanrah I see you have your ac mounted on driver side. Any reason for that? Seems like guys running a turbo would need to do it that way and yours is first I've seen

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Vanrah I see you have your ac mounted on driver side. Any reason for that? Seems like guys running a turbo would need to do it that way and yours is first I've seen
If it came with a SBC from the factory the original AC would be on the driver's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor