Has anyone made a functional cowl induction setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Meaning instead of air filter sucking hot engine heat.... having filter seal against raised cowl and utilizing the pressurized air at the base of the windshield? If so pics would be great!
Thanks!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I made my 4" Harwood functional by sealing the air cleaner to the hood. I used some sheet aluminum riveted together and Moroso flame retardant foam. I used masking tape along the top of the foam with some grease on top of it to check the seal. Closed the hood, opened it back up and had a grease line all the way around on the hood. Works for me!
20161211_213409.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What is this going on? I plan to make one using an older stock GM air cleaner housing. You can buy aftermarket ones, but they can be pretty pricey.
Btw, welcome aboard.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I made an air pan that I mounted to the hood since I couldn't fit an air cleaner under there with the 4500 carb.
I also made block off plates for the ends but not installed in this picture.
IMG_0959.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Guys that was just what i was looking for!!! Thank you

As to what it is going in.... I have no idea yet! Have to sell my firebird first BUT I'm getting a g body and just going over everything in my head first. I'm a little goofy like that
Thanks for the welcome. This is a really cool place

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Since I have your attention I have another question. A few cars I've been looking at have bench front seats and column shift. I would need to change that because I'd put buckets in and some type of shifter on floor. Is this feasible or should I look at cars only with center consoles/shifters? If I need to start a new thread I will and thanks again

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since you are looking then I would try to find a bucket/console car since it is pretty hard to match replacement bucket seats to an existing interior but if you don't mind the work it is not that hard to convert a car with 60/40 seats to buckets but with a full bench seat car you will have to weld in inner brackets to add a split or bucket seat interior.
My Monte came with gray 60/40 seats but I replaced the entire interior and modified it for buckets and console.
IMG_2136.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Since you are looking then I would try to find a bucket/console car since it is pretty hard to match replacement bucket seats to an existing interior but if you don't mind the work it is not that hard to convert a car with 60/40 seats to buckets but with a full bench seat car you will have to weld in inner brackets to add a split or bucket seat interior.
My Monte came with gray 60/40 seats but I replaced the entire interior and modified it for buckets and console.
View attachment 92100
Mr. 565 you have an incredible car and helluva selection for a motor! Did your car originally have center console or did you add it?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Mr. 565 you have an incredible car and helluva selection for a motor! Did your car originally have center console or did you add it?
Thanks, I had 60/40 seats, I bought the front buckets from Cerullo and built the rest of the interior to match the new color and added the center console at that time.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
just watched your vids. Seriously bad ride. Wicked. Mean. And Nasty. Gives me something to shoot for

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor