has anyone swapped vortec 350 into a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
has anyone swapped a vortec 350 into a car using a stand alone harness? my dad was in a 5 car accident the other day and i think that is 97 2wd suburban is not worth repairing, it wold need a lot of work! i am intersted in maybe using this motor in my regal as is since it runs perfect and that car does not need to be super fast. has anyone done a stand alone harness and computer flash to do this before? is it worth doing if i get the motor and transmission free?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I would just swap out the intkae to a carb and use an old Hei distributor.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
if i do that i am gonna do a full overhaul which i am trying to avoid and already have another vortec 350 for that. i would like to keep the efi and drop it right in if i can, i have seen it done on street rods in the past

cttandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2009
Springfield, Tn
I am pretty sure that painless makes a full wiring harness for that motor.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
im wondering about a computer flash also. i know allot about tpi but vortec stuff is allot newer, not sure how similar it all is?

cttandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2009
Springfield, Tn
The vortec motors will be OBD2 although there are differences depending on year. Some of the OBD2 computers are extremely programmable to do virtually anything you can dream up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor