Has anyone tried EZ Air Ride suspension kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

82HellCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
i was looking into swapping the suspension in my elco to either coil overs or to air ride. Doing research, i came across this kit, and it says "direct bolt in" kit for G-body 78-88. Has anyone had any experience with this kit yet? It has no reviews as of yet and is priced very reasonably. Thanks for any input!

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Hadn't heard of it before, but it looks like a pretty old technology type of kit. Up front,relocating shocks outboard reduces turning radius. I'll be doing ridetech shockwaves some day. Doesn't mention it, but any airride you gotta cut room in spring pockets for front airbags to clear. I'd call the front parts the worst part of kit.
Rear has same twin bellow bag, may ride ok, but f9000 single long bag is preferred for rear. shocks not included.
Manual control valves look like airlift brand & are ok base stuff as are other components. These are base kits, no upgraded geometry front parts , swaybars, quality shocks, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

82HellCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
Hadn't heard of it before, but it looks like a pretty old technology type of kit. Up front,relocating shocks outboard reduces turning radius. I'll be doing ridetech shockwaves some day. Doesn't mention it, but any airride you gotta cut room in spring pockets for front airbags to clear. I'd call the front parts the worst part of kit.
Rear has same twin bellow bag, may ride ok, but f9000 single long bag is preferred for rear. shocks not included.
Manual control valves look like airlift brand & are ok base stuff as are other components. These are base kits, no upgraded geometry front parts , swaybars, quality shocks, etc.

Thanks for the input. I am going to give them a call before I decide anything. Its either air ride or coil overs i'm going with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor