Have you ever seen rust like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
either a beach car (salt in the air), or like the seller thinks: under a carport for long periods of time.... my guess is beach, as you see sun fading on the rear seat, and the vynil top is looking like a dog with the mange....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
On California and Florida cars all the time. Salt air condensation rust. The Aluminum gets all corroded, too.

A Texas guy bought a California GN with 6K miles on it and the owner was sad when he saw my north Texas GN with 25K miles on it. underhood was night/day for surface corrosion.

Dew with salt in it condenses on the car every night. runs down the hood, pools, eats the paint, eats the metal, makes holes. The guy never washed the salt off.

Car is in Ventura, CA, which has lots of cool, salt filled breezes off the ocean.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I worked in Mojave Desert on aircraft testing for it's certification and there were many sun backed cars showing bare metal

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
My hood is starting to look like that car, except mine is a NJ car. Have see northern car engine bays look like that and worse.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
I saw an 80's caprice long term parked right on the beach a few years ago in the outer banks that looked like that except on the entire car.

Im always fascinated by forgotten, rotten away cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor