have you guys seen this build up before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this buildup for the past couple of years. Its very detailed, but I'd really like to see the project concluded-I'm very curious to see the finished product.

There was a thread on this buildup awhile ago on here or the car craft forum I cant really remember.

Thats insane. But it was a tease, not seeing it finished yet.

I knew I wasn't crazy about putting a C5 rear end in my regal. Now I REALLY want to attempt this on my ride!

Kerno over on elcamino central has done similar on his g body elcamino
Bestrearsupension.jpg

Underside011.jpg

Looks trick! Question would be other then the improved handling how much better would it be compared to doing a swivel linked rear control arm with a 8.5 solid rear end? I would do the braces and reinforcements as well just wondering cuz there is a guy selling a C5 rear end.

Well 85GPLef41that's one of the most debated questions in forums like this about the live axle and independent axle and both sides have valid points but it all depends on what you as an individual is looking to get out of it. Now I'm not by any means an expert on suspension but I know what I am looking to have with my rear end suspension and that is, I want to be able to take on corned on the track and street without the camber in my left wheel changing the camber in my right. I personally like the thought of having a G-body with independent suspension because it's one of the things I think that hinderedour American cars from being able to handle very well around corners like the Euro cars did back in the day. Hell I found some folks that that are using the rear end out of a jaguar!!!!!! Look it up and it's some stuff on YouTube also.......
If I...... Well when I do try this I am gonna keep my 8.5 rear end and put it in another G-body Olds or Buick for my son because he wants me to get him a G-body for his very own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor