Having issues with my daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
So I've been noticing some lifter noise from my daily driver lately. It's very repeatable, it doesn't do it in stop and go traffic or city driving, but if I drive on the highway with a sustained rpm of 2000 I will hear it after only a few minutes of driving. 2003 GMC Sierra with a modified 6L. I see no change in oil pressure, temp is good no lose of power I just can't hunt it down and want to be sure before tearing the heads off the truck. Could it be possible for a lifter to be collapsing even at a higher rpm?

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
most of those guys are getting the standard LS piston slap on cold start. Everyone I've owner or been around has done that. The thing I'm describing is different, it happens after the engine has warmed up.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
but some of them have injector noise and roller lifter noise. My roller set up make more noise than a flat tappet set up and sounds like the back lash adjustment is out. Why not try some transmission fluid in the crankcase and run it for 1/2 hour before you change the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor