Having more issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingchris

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2018
Having starting issues so it's cranking but not starting. So the belts are moving but nothing. Sprayed starter fluid and put gas in the carb still no start and sounds the same so not sure where to go from here. I checked I have power going to the battery side of the distrubutor. I changed wires and spark plugs. One fusable link that goes to the lights I believe I have to replace but vehicle was still able to start before so not sure if the other one has anything to do with it starting or not? Put a tester to the spark plugs no fire. So I just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Make sure you have power to the distributor and the the coil on top. Pop the cap off the distributor and look inside for water or corrosion.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

kingchris

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2018
Yeah no corrosion. Currently my CD player isn't working and even that sound buzzer I use to hear isn't working either don't know of this makes a difference. I even swapped a hei distrubutor ready to run cap on top of that and still doing the same thing nothing. Just turning the belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor