MONTE CARLO HAYDEN 3647

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
You need to take a look at the diagram, that shows you the primary switch and the secondary switch

Ok, so I dont know a lot about electrical - in fact I know nothing. It appears to me that the answer would be yes. I can run a toggle switch to send power through the green wire to turn the fan on seperate from the heat sensor?

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
on the left side of the fuse box there are locations marked "ING" which means they have power with the key in on position. The power wire goes to the switch, the other side of the switch goes to the relay to trigger the relay when you turn the switch to on position. I'm not sure what you mean by the AC wire from Hayden.

I looked up the wiring diagram from the unit and that AC wire is an option which will bypass the sensor and turn the fan on as soon as the AC turns on..you don't need to connect that wire since you have no AC. The wiring by this diagram is pretty straight forward. I would follow the diagram and use a 3 position switch so the fan will go on at the temperature you set. If you don't have it to go on automatically you may forget to monitor your gauge and the engine will overheat.

183354d1249943126-hayden-3647-cooling-fan-diagram-modified.jpg

PontiacGP - so looking at this diagram if I wire a toggle switch with the green AC wire to send power thru the green line it will turn fan on right? Currently I have the HAYDEN unit installed correctly - works when the engine hits the correct temp and turns off when it cools down. So should I have a fuse in the power line to the toggle switch? I am confused when it comes to volts and amps... I cant seem to wrap my head around this electrical things yet. I am learning though and I appreciate all the info I am getting from this forum - minus the snarky comments... I have seen a really cool switch from Flex A Lite. Trying to understand how to hook this stuff up with the diagrams is a challenge for me...

Attachments

• 422BD005-EE53-41E6-AE0E-CE6F131B6E95.png
    422BD005-EE53-41E6-AE0E-CE6F131B6E95.png
    551.4 KB · Views: 280

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would not attach the green wire. You don't need it to have a primary system and another back up. . If you do want to use the green wire it needs a power to it and the fan will turn on. It's always good to have a fuse in the power wire

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ok, so I dont know a lot about electrical - in fact I know nothing. It appears to me that the answer would be yes. I can run a toggle switch to send power through the green wire to turn the fan on seperate from the heat sensor?
It should tell you in the directions which wire you can hook a toggle switch to manually override the controller. I hooked my Hayden controller up and it did not work, probably my 12 volt key on source, I need to check the voltage. I may just run it back to the battery. The only difference is the fan will stay on till it reaches temperature, which isn't so bad. My problem is, if the relay fails, which they do and I just had this happen with my Flexalite controller, the fan will not engage. So I have my fan hard wired to my battery with a 30 amp fuse, that way when the probe or relay fails, I can manually override it and not over heat my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor