Hayden 3653 Probe Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Can someone tell me the best placement of the temperature probe for the radiator? The included kit is indicating that the probe should just lay up against the fins but I have seen others actually insert the probe into the fins. Which would give the best results. Also the method by laying the probe onto the fins says to put the probe on the engine side, if the into fins method is better does it matter which side you insert the probe from? Inserting from front side would be easier to hide the probe wire.

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_215121.jpg
    IMG_20220615_215121.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 81

John Canon

Apprentice
Apr 19, 2022
Vancouver Canada
Can someone tell me the best placement of the temperature probe for the radiator? The included kit is indicating that the probe should just lay up against the fins but I have seen others actually insert the probe into the fins. Which would give the best results. Also the method by laying the probe onto the fins says to put the probe on the engine side, if the into fins method is better does it matter which side you insert the probe from? Inserting from front side would be easier to hide the probe wire.
The most important point is to have the metal of the probe touch the metal of the fins over the greatest area. If the probe is barely touching then you are measuring the air temperature instead. Front or back placement does not make a difference ... it's the touch that counts. This information comes from years as a HVAC technician before becoming Auto Service Technician.
Polar Hero.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor