He Smack Talked & He Got Walked (By My Regal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81 Regal Man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2011
Culpeper, VA
About three weeks ago, some little teenage punk in his little riced out Honda Civic thought he would bash my Regal because it doesnt look it's best. He then followed me after I left the parking lot and we caught each other at a light. He started revving up his fart can while I revved up my 3.8 Carbureted V6 pushin 190 ft-lbs. Every time I stomped the pedal, the left side of my Regal would raise up and then sit back down once I let off. Once it turned green, I left that poor tuner far behind. I saw him again about two days ago, but he didn't have much to say this time. Kids these days.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
That seems to happen to me alot except I normally don't race them I just point and laugh histarically.
Another reason is because I feel like my 3.8 couldn't walk a snail.
Have you don't anything to yours?

81 Regal Man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2011
Culpeper, VA
supkylesup said:
That seems to happen to me alot except I normally don't race them I just point and laugh histarically.
Another reason is because I feel like my 3.8 couldn't walk a snail.
Have you don't anything to yours?

Edelbrock intake, Chromology push rods, and just some brand new OEM replacements for smoother operation and to restore some of the original power back to the engine. It is so original that it even had the same spark plugs in it from the showroom floor 30 years ago lol. I replaced all of that too. I only walked him because he has a little D16Z in it lol.

81 Regal Man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2011
Culpeper, VA
86_olds said:
my 307 v8 couldnt walk a stock d16 for sh*t =(
Bore it out to a higher displacement or put a 351 Windsor in it lol jk. G bodies are great, they are just a bit heavy lol. Torque helps out alot too. Not just HP, but Im sure you already knew that lol.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
the kid must just have had a bad run because i know for sure a stock and tired honda 1.6 could take your granny body.
JUST KIDDING! thats a pretty funny story actually. i think the reason the tuners have that cocky attitude is becuase if they loose thay can just say
"hey my car has a tiny engine what do u expect?"

either way gbodys are the badassest cars on planet urf!

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
81 Regal Man said:
86_olds said:
Bore it out to a higher displacement or put a 351 Windsor in it lol jk. G bodies are great, they are just a bit heavy lol. Torque helps out alot too. Not just HP, but Im sure you already knew that lol.
yup i knew that next g body am hooking up with a better engine maybe stroked 350

81 Regal Man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2011
Culpeper, VA
86_olds said:
81 Regal Man said:
86_olds said:
yup i knew that next g body am hooking up with a better engine maybe stroked 350

Sounds like a good plan. I am saving up to buy my friend's GNX engine for $1,750. It has 55k miles on it. Needs spark plugs, and a new intake manifold, but thats it. I am thinking about buying it and placing it in my Regal. And yes, it comes with the transmission. He is basically parting the car out. It was wrecked in the rain and dubbed totaled by the insurance company. I am storngly looking into buying the entire car instead of paying part by part, but Im not sure yet.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
I'll walk you in my Honda. 8)

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
Sounds like a good plan. I am saving up to buy my friend's GNX engine for $1,750. It has 55k miles on it. Needs spark plugs, and a new intake manifold, but thats it. I am thinking about buying it and placing it in my Regal. And yes, it comes with the transmission. He is basically parting the car out. It was wrecked in the rain and dubbed totaled by the insurance company. I am storngly looking into buying the entire car instead of paying part by part, but Im not sure yet.[/quote]

A GNX?? I would whatever was needed to restore it. what was the payout on the insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor