Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I voted to reuse neither and here's why:
For me, while I'm not rich and don't have piles of money being guarded by guys with machine guns, I'd rather spend a little more now then risk having to do it a second time. I've never been a big risk taker and sometimes that may cost a bit more but I'm OK with that. It's like replacing the evaporator when I did the heater core. I'm there now, let's just do that too. I know you'll make the decision you feel most comfortable with.

Reactions: 5 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I was gonna post this in the downfall of society thread but I didn't wanna shitpost @Built6spdMCSS thread.
So im not poor, but I'm cheap. Should/can I reuse this head gasket N/A? And the head bolts, would you reuse them? They dont look that crooked.
I would reuse both if going NA.....if boosted I would use ls9 gaskets and reuse head bolts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Working at the Dealership in the earlier days was a little eye opening. Head bolts reused all the time. We did always change gaskets. No fancy pre-lubes or other stuff, 30W and it's in bulk... Most Head bolts are somewhere around 200,000 psi tensile so can be reused but still not preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor