MALIBU Head lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Looks like that time. I need to upgrade to led. There are so many and the prices vary. I have watched the you tube
I still am perplexed 🤔. I drive at night on dark streets. And highway 🛣. Can somebody point me in a direction. I do not mind color rings Dez.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'd atleast suggest a good quality H4 replacement unit that would allow you to have a choice of bulbs & make it easier to find a replacement bulb when needed. Maybe Amazon will have some nice deals on something to fit your needs.

Reactions: 2 users

BlairC_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
Some of the best lights that you can get in my opinion are from Dapper Lighting. Although till be $250-$500
I went with the cheaper option for now and I picked up these on amazon for $80 ( The Lights) They bolted right on and used the original wiring harness. A huge improvement over the stock lights for a cheap price. May not be everyone's cup of tea on how they look though.
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Some of the best lights that you can get in my opinion are from Dapper Lighting. Although till be $250-$500
I went with the cheaper option for now and I picked up these on amazon for $80 ( The Lights) They bolted right on and used the original wiring harness. A huge improvement over the stock lights for a cheap price. May not be everyone's cup of tea on how they look though.
View attachment 202305 View attachment 202306
Thanks for your reply great shots too it helps. I have a tendency to be a bit fancy. But I just don’t want to buy stuff over and over.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Remember that the bulbs and the reflector in your lights need to be designed to work together. Just replacing the bulb with a better one may not provide any improvement. I have seen LEDs that also are not aimed correctly for oncoming traffic. They look great to the driver since it is like having high beams all the time but blind oncoming traffic.

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Remember that the bulbs and the reflector in your lights need to be designed to work together. Just replacing the bulb with a better one may not provide any improvement. I have seen LEDs that also are not aimed correctly for oncoming traffic. They look great to the driver since it is like having high beams all the time but blind oncoming traffic.
I have been that driver that was blinded. Not fun. You are correct. My search 🔍 continues.
Dapper looks good for an 🆙 grade $$!
Thanks for the advice.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
View attachment 202305 View attachment 202306
Looks nice too! i want to upgrade all my interior/exterior lights to LED. Know of any interior gauge ones that work with the dimmer switch???

Tucker H.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2020
I usually watch Headlight Revolutions page on youtube, to check out any and all aftermarket headlight and light bulb upgrades they've tested.

I did check out dapper lighting's website and really like those 4x6's with the halo rings that double as daytime running lights and turn signals. I might use those on the wife's mailbu I need to start building...

Headlight Revolution tested an aftermarket headlight made Holley and Morimoto, I think its Holley's retrobright headlight series, I'm planning on getting a set for my Bonneville.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Do not lump all LED's as an upgrade. I removed the LED's in an 02 Silverado. They were super bright inside the shop. Bright to look at but casting down the road was crap. Went back to traditional incandescent until a suitable replacement can be found.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I had bought my buddy a similar setup to what I have in my Monte but he couldn't see very well with them, so I just got him the Retrobrights which are very pricey but supposed to be really good. He hasn't put them in yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor