Head liner removal and roll cage install questions HELPPPP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

85strokerSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2013
Ok guys so I have a couple questions I can't seem to find the info I need on. First, what is the most easy way to remove the headliner (backing board and all not just fabric) car is 87 monte. Second has anyone fixed their roof supports? I was thinking bottle jack 1x1" pieces of wood and jb weld. Lastly I got a 8pt roll bar kit from a guy in va called roll cage components. He did a slamming job on it and I would recommend him to anyone wanting to do a cage he's great, he designed it so I can still keep the interior including head liner but I'm wondering if anyone has done their cage with the headliner out and was then able to get it back in? If not what's the best way to protect the new headliner? Thanks for any and all info y'all can provide!!

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Re: Head liner removal and roll cage install questions HELPP

Have the cage with the headliner installed. I did mine before the cage. It was hard as hell to get it in with no interior.

Or youll have to break the headliner in pieces.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Re: Head liner removal and roll cage install questions HELPP

I see that most peeps cut the factory headliner in half and re-wrap it. Then you can take the front half out by sliding it out of the top through the door and then slide the second piece forward and doing the same. As far as using wood and JB weld to brace the roof, that seems incredibly stupid to me. Not only are you half-assing it but wood absorbs moisture which we all know leads to other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor