head rest removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
How the hell do these come off? If I can't remove them do I have to replace the whole seat? Please help Thanks

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
Well no one knows but I do now you need a special gm tool that looks like a flat piece of steel. If anyone wishes to know I'll post up the info later.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
Blake442 said:
No need for a special tool... Just use a saw blade.

Slip it in and pull the headrest out.
Thank You. Maybe I should have asked you first. I did post up the question on the blog but no one replied. BTW did you use to work for gm? You seem to know alot of proper info about these cars.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
For everybody else the tool(if you can find it) gm part number BT-7933 or a fabricated piece of sheet strap 0.4mm (.0156in) thick, 152mm(6in)long, 27mm(1-1/16in) wide, with the tip 10mm(3/8in) of the full length, and the edge 16mm (5/8in). If you have access to a machine shop to make one or use blake's method list above.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
carmangary said:
Blake442 said:
No need for a special tool... Just use a saw blade.

Slip it in and pull the headrest out.

What kind of saw blade? Hack saw?
ANy flat piece of metal that you can bend enough to get down into the front of the slot without damage. I used an old skewer. Slip it down the front center with the head rest fuller extended. then push the head rest and the skewer(or what ever blade or piece of metal that will work) then pull them both up at the same time.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I usually just pull the blade off my hack saw, and put a strip of 3/4" masking tape over the teeth.

87REGALPRO said:
BTW did you use to work for gm? You seem to know alot of proper info about these cars.

Nope, just owned and worked on a bunch of G-bodies over the past 10+ years... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor