Head room, owner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
Hey guys, I got a quick question for anyone who has a spare minute. I have a 79 Camaro I want to race at the local 1/8. If it runs an 8.50 I'll have to wear a helmet and I'm 6'6.

I measured from middle of the seat to the roof and got 36". It was the same in my '92 z28. Hoping one of you could measure it and share?

I measured the floor to center of the steering wheel on my 2nd gen and my 3rd gen and got 21.5". Bucket on the 2nd gen raises 6", 9" in my 3rd gen. It might be better for me to get a gbody car rather than ask if a shop could lower a floor pan 3" which is what guys do to pantera's lol

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Good to hear from someone that wants to race. A few questions first, do you fit in the car now? My Simpson adds maybe an inch. What kind of power do you have? Unless it's putting down some HP you won't have to worry about going faster than 8.50. Take the car to the track and have some fun. Everyone wants to see how fast they go and usually get a reality check.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

numbah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
I don't fit in the camaro as good as I use too. That's why I'm looking at gbody cars. Anyway why I could ask if someone who has a gbody if they could measure from the seat to roof? Id greatly appreciate it

numbah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
Good information, thank you! Would like to know what it is with a bench too.

It's 33 not 36 in my camaro's. It was 33 in my friends 79 firebird with stock seats. Crazy to think that if my seat from the 79 was in my 92 it would be 36 tho

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
8 inches - Why not put racing seats in it

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_5712.JPG

numbah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
The camaro has sparco like seats. Measured 6 inches from the floor to the seat. I still want to be able to drive it around and be comfortable. Nice car and setup btw.

2nd measurements still appreciated haha

numbah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
The camaro has sparco like seats. Measured 6 inches from the floor to the seat. I still want to be able to drive it around and be comfortable. Nice car and setup btw.

2nd measurements still appreciated haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor