Header back exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am looking into a dual exhaust set up using an x pipe. I was looking at the Hooker system but I want the exhaust to come straight out the back like stock. what company did evey one use or did you buy in pieces?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The Jegs stainless system everyone bought a while back comes out the back like the factory Monte, I was going to modify mine to come out like the BOP cars since I don't like rear exit exhaust on any Gbody.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
The Jegs stainless system everyone bought a while back comes out the back like the factory Monte, I was going to modify mine to come out like the BOP cars since I don't like rear exit exhaust on any Gbody.
Do you have a part number for the Jegs? I see that Pypes has one that looks like it will fit the bill. Has anyone used them?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Do you have a part number for the Jegs? I see that Pypes has one that looks like it will fit the bill. Has anyone used them?
I paid $148 to my door when it was on sale.
Jegs # 555-30525
SS409 78-88 G-BODY 2.5 D

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Don't use the Pypes 2.5" kit with bumper exits, the passenger side tailpipe is bent wrong. I found this out the hard way with four different tailpipes & they know but not worried about it. But their 3" kit is OK from what I have heard. I ended up with the Jegs true dual kit using the Pypes mufflers.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Don't use the Pypes 2.5" kit with bumper exits, the passenger side tailpipe is bent wrong. I found this out the hard way with four different tailpipes & they know but not worried about it. But their 3" kit is OK from what I have heard. I ended up with the Jegs true dual kit using the Pypes mufflers.
Thank you for the information. I think I will need 3" for my application. Going to swap in a LS3.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thank you for the information. I think I will need 3" for my application. Going to swap in a LS3.
If you are going with a mostly Holley parts maybe their kit could be a good pick but price is the kick to the nuts. I was thiking about it for my SBC but the Jegs was priced too good to pass up.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I do like the Holley set up but it looks like I would have to buy the kit then throw down another $200 on top of that for the exhaust tips I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor