Header Primary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Well Ive aquired some parts and when I start my swap Ill do build thread. For now next on my list are a set of headers and has probably been beat to death but I couldnt find a straight answer.
I have 2 questions, First my motor is an LY6, 6.0 ltr l92 heads (stock for that motor). Its getting a GM hot cam an ls3 intake, 50lbs injectors. So Im guessing it will make somewhere around 350 to the wheels. Some guys say more so who knows. The car will not be a daily nor a drag car. it is a family cruiser that I will stomp on from time to time. When i stomp on it I do want it to go. So what should I be running for primary 1 5/8 1 3/4?

My second question, In my first small block Malibu I had years ago. I had a set of headers that came from either a chevelle or a Nova. Im almost positive I used the motor with headers that came from my 70 Nova and they fit with no mods. So with that said why wouldnt a set of LS swap headers for a Nova work on the Gbody?
I found them alot cheaper on ebay than ones for a Ls swap gbody. In fact I dont understand why they make cheap LS swap headers for pretty much anything but a gbody.
Just wondering if anybody has tried to to test fit a set of headers from those older cars. I know the fbody fits with mods.
Well any input would be appreciated. Im not cheap I bought the Holley mopunts and oil pan kit but I will try to save where I can. That saving can go into something else.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Ok, 1 7/8 it is I guess. Ill keep shopping.
I contacted Speed-engineering and they said the Abody headers would fit the gbody or they'll take them back. Which is good to know. Im going to talk to some of my muscle car customers some more and see what they think. If I should try them or maybe the Nova ones. I assume the Nova ones would hug the body closer being that its a smaller frame but well see.
Thanks

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I would stick with 1 3/4. im making over 600rwhp on my ctsv and noticed 0 power difference from my old 1 3/4 to the new 1 7/8. If you plan to boost it then, I would do 1 7/8, if not there is no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor