Header recommendations for Chevy 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
What do you guys suggest? I know that some people have ran into clearance issues with the crossmember and a/c box with some headers. What are some ones that'll work without any fitment issues?

BroBroBot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 17, 2016
Grand Rapids
I believe I ran f body headers in mine cant say for sure. but I had to dimple them out by the passage side upper control arm. If you like I can find out exactly what ones I do have in there

Reactions: 1 user

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I used Flo-tec long tubes. Forgive that I don't have the part # anymore. We had to disconnect the engine mounts and use a bar to lift the engine on one side as the other side header was getting fitted. Took a bit of work but once they were in they were in.

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
I believe I ran f body headers in mine cant say for sure. but I had to dimple them out by the passage side upper control arm. If you like I can find out exactly what ones I do have in there
Geez, Yeah I'm hoping to find a set where I wouldn't have to modify the headers or move the engine. Hopefully some more people will insert their insight too. Thanks though guys.

I used Flo-tec long tubes. Forgive that I don't have the part # anymore. We had to disconnect the engine mounts and use a bar to lift the engine on one side as the other side header was getting fitted. Took a bit of work but once they were in they were in.

awdblazer

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2013
have flotecs and ran into the same problems as above
had to remove motor mount bolt and lift up engine, also dip stick and starter
but overall they fit great

Capote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2016
Newnan, GA
Sure, you can see if you can figure out which ones you have if it wouldn't be too much trouble I mean

montec

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2016
ND
I have dynomax blackjacks on mine now. I dont remember any fitment issues, but they were a pain to install. I believe I had to go in from the bottom. Its been so long I can't remember. I eventually want to upgrade to the flowtech afterburners. I'm upgrading my exhaust to heartthrob 2.5 inch from my current 2.25" duals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor