Headers and crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I installed my Summit crossmember, correct part number. Then I installed the correct part number Flowmaster header on the passenger side. they don't line up. The crossmember has rounded humps and the exhaust will need at least another inch of clearance on the frame side of the hump I've tried sliding, no good. What next ???

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
I installed my Summit crossmember, correct part number. Then I installed the correct part number Flowmaster header on the passenger side. they don't line up. The crossmember has rounded humps and the exhaust will need at least another inch of clearance on the frame side of the hump I've tried sliding, no good. What next ???
Does the header flange reach the crossmember? It shouldn't.when you take the car to get the exhaust installed they will probably just need to tweak it a little for good clearance.Exhaust work is not an exact science,a good installer should be able to make it work for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I wish my car was together. I have the G Force crossmember and am wondering if it would line up better.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
My G-Force was marked for a wrong way and right way application,possible its bassakwards? :)

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
My G-Force was marked for a wrong way and right way application,possible its bassakwards? :)
The header ends about 4 inches shy of the crossmember. It would need an S fitting to aim the pipes under the crossmember. And I'm doing my own exhaust work.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you are not the first to have a problem with flowtech headers. I would heat up the tubes on the header to tweak it so the pipe is lined up with the hump.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
He bought the Flowmaster headers. They are ceramic coated stainless and were expensive. I would fab a different transmission crossmember before I modified the headers.

Doug,

Could you get a local exhaust shop to make you an 'S' Pipe? I have a place local that does mandrel bent stainless work.

Jim hopper

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2017
He bought the Flowmaster headers. They are ceramic coated stainless and were expensive. I would fab a different transmission crossmember before I modified the headers.

Doug,

Could you get a local exhaust shop to make you an 'S' Pipe? I have a place local that does mandrel bent stainless work.
I went to summit and bought s style collectors and it solved my problem

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jim hopper

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2017
The s-bend collectors at summit that worked for me are part # hed-18804 u just need to trim them for youer app thay come long because I had the same problem no problems all gone

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor