Headers and dual flowmasters going on, finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMCE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2019
One collector is leaking a little, but thats not their fault.. I gave them everything to put on, and they came with the aluminum collector "gaskets", I knew they would. I can tackle that.

Sound is Fantastic. Now the search is on for some tips..

-Gonz
Was the exhaust system that you had installed custom made or one from Pypes, MagnaFlow etc...?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
One collector is leaking a little, but thats not their fault.. I gave them everything to put on, and they came with the aluminum collector "gaskets", I knew they would. I can tackle that.

Sound is Fantastic. Now the search is on for some tips..

-Gonz

Ball and socket collectors are nice, no gaskets to to leak or blow out....

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Was the exhaust system that you had installed custom made or one from Pypes, MagnaFlow etc...?

This system was bought used. Headers to flowmater 40 series to tailpipes. Came off of a 84 Monte that the guy pulled the SBC from and inserted a 468.

Sold me the entire system for $200. Hedman headers, and the collector to tailpipe section is stainless... the tailpipes aren't stainless, but were new in the box, and never installed. I dont Prefer the "Straight out the back under the rear bumper" look, but Im not unhappy about it.

The Collectors have that big, thick aluminum "gasket" and the guy that installed it said the flanges weren't in the greatest of shape... he got the drivers side to quit leaking, but ran out of time to play with the passenger side. None of this is his fault, and Im not mad.. I provided the stuff for him to install, and he did a LOT more than either of us anticipated, so Im good with it. Im going to get a pair of thicker collector gaskets and try putting them between the collector and the aluminum "gasket" and see if I can get it to quit leaking that way.

Ball and socket collectors are nice, no gaskets to to leak or blow out....

This is the route I am going, if it comes down to replacing the collectors themselves.. It really does sound great, but the leak annoys the bejesus out of me.

Running around sounding like I blew out a collector gasket.. lol

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor