Headers for 455 in gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesleey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
In the middle of putting a 455 in my cutlass however I can only find one set of headers and there 1800 bucks anyone know of any cheaper ones or if abody headers work work

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
A body headers will not work. Either get reproduction W/Z manifolds or Thornton Stainless shorty manifolds. Ram Air Restorations make nice mandrel bent 2.5" down pipes for either those manifolds or Thornton manifolds. I thought Hooker made a set that needed skinny front tires to work, they may have been discontinued. I know one guy got the G body 260 to 403 headers to work with a 455.

Reactions: 1 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I did use olds small block headers on a olds 455 in a g body the problem is the steering shaft hits the header you would have to self clearance that one tube or custom make that tube.
I hope were are talking about a olds 455
and not a buick 455

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think too many of you twats put SBC/LS engines in, now you can't get Olds headers anymore! :p

They used to make them. Sadly, I went looking, and came up null (unless you have an LS/SBC...). Try calling Dick Miller, Supercars Unlimited, or Rocket Racing, and see what they say. I assume the $1k models you found were ARH. The owner is an Olds guy, and they're probably the best you'll find.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I did use olds small block headers on a olds 455 in a g body the problem is the steering shaft hits the header you would have to self clearance that one tube or custom make that tube.
and not a buick 455
I know the one guy got lucky just removing the steering shaft cover and Hedman's worked for him. Go with the W/Z repro or Thornton headers with Ram Air Restorations down pipes.

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
I'm not sure if they are still available new but hooker has 2 piece 455 olds g body headers that wrap one tube around the frame. A member here has a set listed in the f/s section. If they are gone I also have a set that is jet hot coated that I would possibly part with.

Reactions: 1 users

Wesleey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
I'm not sure if they are still available new but hooker has 2 piece 455 olds g body headers that wrap one tube around the frame. A member here has a set listed in the f/s section. If they are gone I also have a set that is jet hot coated that I would possibly part with.
What would you want for them I tried finding a set of these as there the most reasonably priced however there defenitly discontinued

Wesleey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Agreed😉
A
I think too many of you twats put SBC/LS engines in, now you can't get Olds headers anymore! :p

They used to make them. Sadly, I went looking, and came up null (unless you have an LS/SBC...). Try calling Dick Miller, Supercars Unlimited, or Rocket Racing, and see what they say. I assume the $1k models you found were ARH. The owner is an Olds guy, and they're probably the best you'll find.
yea they where the arh ones on summit for 1800 cad lol however that’s more then I got into my 455 so I’m really trying to avoid spending that much

Reactions: 1 user

Wesleey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
and not a buick 455
I was told the sbo headers restrict flow on a bbo did you have any issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor