Headers or coated cast on my L96 in 87 el

Status
Not open for further replies.

C7illini

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2021
Trying to decide on coated headers or coated cast exhaust manifolds? I know the headers would give me a little more power,but also be louder(l am old)! Mufflers being somewhat mellow either way! Do the cast clear everything usually? Thanks. Rod

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I got a pair of hooker super comp long tube headers for my k10 truck, ceramic coated for $750... They rusted in a few months.

On my monte carlo build I went with new cast iron manifolds and used por15's exhaust manifold paint. I have an oven for powder coating and they came out very nice looking. Haven fired the engine up yet, but I'm pretty sure they will look better than the ceramic coated headers... and fit better, and not leak...

if you're running fuel injection you may appreciate the later manifold design with the oxygen sensor port cast into the body.... dont have to weld in a o2 bung into exhaust pipe and also less wiring distance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor