headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cny78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2018
looking for someone who has installed headers, short/long, on 78 malibu with sbc and 4 speed manual. what fits, who makes it? thanks.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
looking for someone who has installed headers, short/long, on 78 malibu with sbc and 4 speed manual. what fits, who makes it? thanks.
The Hooker SS long tubes I put on mine were a nightmare , so was Flowmaster.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
With a stock set up 19 years ago I used Heddman 68310 (https://www.hedman.com/product-detail/68310). They fit great but being the standard set they rusted out in about 3 years of daily driving in western Pa. If Heddman would make them in stainless I'd be putting them on the car. Look around their site as the have one of the better selection of clutch friendly headers.

cny78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2018
With a stock set up 19 years ago I used Heddman 68310 (https://www.hedman.com/product-detail/68310). They fit great but being the standard set they rusted out in about 3 years of daily driving in western Pa. If Heddman would make them in stainless I'd be putting them on the car. Look around their site as the have one of the better selection of clutch friendly headers.
thanks. i did see the 68310 and would consider them as mine will be a fair weather only, but can not get the car up the 36" for install with my set up. i'm thinking i'll have to go with shortys. do all long tubes require such high clearance to install?

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I used Hedman Street Headers 68606 and I love them. Ball and socket on the bottom so no gasket and they fit great. Had them for three years now with no problems. They are a little pricey but this was the 4th set I had before I found a good fit.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
A good number of headers out there are a PIA to install by design. This is part of the reason why I went with manifolds on the engine I built for this current build of the car. If I were to go back to headers the Hedmans would be my first choice but I'd like to see them in stainless as I stated before.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I bought a set from Speedway that was supposed to fit stick shift g bodies. They didn't even come close. I had to get different clamshells for the mounts and then hack a big hole in the engine crossmember on the driver's side....

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018

I used the Cyclone brand in the early 90's and they were like this with the passenger kick out collector to line up with the factory crossmember hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor