Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taadaah

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2015
Been working on swapping this 6.0 in my 81 Cutlass. Finally got to the point for me to shop around for headers. Originally was going with Holley blackheart long tubes but turns out they are discontinued and can’t find any.
Any alternatives? I know speed engineering makes a set. Still want to go long tubes.

Attachments

• 8C95875B-05FA-4ACC-8F4D-791751D28361.jpeg
    8C95875B-05FA-4ACC-8F4D-791751D28361.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 92E52598-DFDB-4189-886A-A267F5B34FDB.jpeg
    92E52598-DFDB-4189-886A-A267F5B34FDB.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
That sucks that holley quit making theirs. I'm not up to date on what's available these days, but some of the speed engineering batches were said to be pretty decent. Before there were much of any g-body LS headers, guys used to take 98 to 02 f body headers & do a few mods to make them fit. May want to dig around LS1tech,com for info.

Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I'm surprised holley discontinued them, seems like alot of R/D to waste, i thought everything else in the gbody kit was designed to fit around the headers.
The speed engineering LT headers fit with minor modifications and seem to be high quality. Hard to beat stainless LTs for 400 bucks.
That's basically your only option, except fbody pacesetter headers(which also require similar mods).
The driver side lower control arm mount needs trimmed up, and the pass side frame rail needs some cut out.
20221206_222806.jpg
20220204_124848.jpg
20220204_131222.jpg

I used ict swap plates. I almost think the spohn/fbody mount setup would clear the passenger side without modifications but im not sure.
If you buy them I'd do the passenger side modification when u pull the old engine out. I clearanced about 3/4"-1" out of the top and beat the sides in. Then I clearanced the driver when everything was installed.
Upon further review, I don't see headers on holleys website but I found these.

And also this if you wanna buy holley....

Reactions: 2 users

Taadaah

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2015
I'm surprised holley discontinued them, seems like alot of R/D to waste, i thought everything else in the gbody kit was designed to fit around the headers.
The speed engineering LT headers fit with minor modifications and seem to be high quality. Hard to beat stainless LTs for 400 bucks.
That's basically your only option, except fbody pacesetter headers(which also require similar mods).
The driver side lower control arm mount needs trimmed up, and the pass side frame rail needs some cut out. View attachment 218680 View attachment 218681 View attachment 218682
I used ict swap plates. I almost think the spohn/fbody mount setup would clear the passenger side without modifications but im not sure.
If you buy them I'd do the passenger side modification when u pull the old engine out. I clearanced about 3/4"-1" out of the top and beat the sides in. Then I clearanced the driver when everything was installed.
Upon further review, I don't see headers on holleys website but I found these.

[QUOTE="RabbitHoleSS, post: 926806...mIBCpgnx7opELmiZepAxwGrAaAvcREALw_wcB[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I’m thinking I might just go with the speed engineering set if I can’t find any Holley ones.
I actually called called Eastwood and they told me they didn’t have those in stock as I’m assuming they just order from Holley themselves. Tried Jegs as well and no luck. Also called Holley and they told me they don’t make headers anymore for anything 1975 and up.

• Wow

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Thanks for the info! I’m thinking I might just go with the speed engineering set if I can’t find any Holley ones.
I actually called called Eastwood and they told me they didn’t have those in stock as I’m assuming they just order from Holley themselves. Tried Jegs as well and no luck. Also called Holley and they told me they don’t make headers anymore for anything 1975 and up.
Man thats crazy. Did holley give you a reason for no headers on cars after 75'? I assume the epa scared them into submission.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Man thats crazy. Did holley give you a reason for no headers on cars after 75'? I assume the epa scared them into submission.
It's the EPA pressure. Try finding true dual exhaust kits with out cats, those have about all disappeared too.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Yep, hotrodding is going to go back in the hands of the builders, instead of the buyers.
We just gotta get more resourceful,cuz this isn't gonna end. I'm assuming this is for all engine platforms?
Tbh I'm surprised they aren't removing the holley pcms, drop in fuel modules and whatever the government says is bad.
They'll be getting hefty fines for selling them soon enough.
Hp tuners too. Shoot I'm sure they can get them for selling msd boxes.
The way i see it is there is basically no legal swaps on gbodys(except stock), period. Even if u put cats back in the system, unless u put them exactly where the oem did, you tampered with emmisions.
I wonder what the emissions/mpg difference is in a mild ls swap vs keeping the clapped out 305 in my SS. I bet it's similar. I just hope they can't remotely brick our pcms or somehow force hptuners/holley/haltech etc into shutting everything down.

Taadaah

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2015
I guess I'm the only one who has Heddman Headers.. they work great. Been in since 2010.
I think so too cause I can’t find anyone that has those. I was thinking about ordering a set as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor