Headlamp / Headlight Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2020
Hi

I have an 81 El Camino and have updated my shifter knob, turn signal to modernise slightly. I'm still stuck with the following headlamp switch. I can remove this no issues but would like to replace with something to match my other instruments. Does anyone know if other GM headlamp knob/shaft will fit? I have searched and they look as if they would but wasn't sure if the diameter and length were suitable for a G-body.

images (8).jpeg

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
those shafts are pretty universal as these GM headlight switches are found in hot rods and other cars.check out speedway and places for headlight switches you'll find some different style knobs on the shafts.

Reactions: 3 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
You would have to do some modifying but you can also upgrade to newer style such as 1984 S-10 or any similar.

like Picture below, this is rocker switch style, Headlamps and running lamps.
1655443204333.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor