Headlight adjustment spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
I went to put my headlights and trim all back together and I couldn’t find my pictures can someone tell me if this looks right or is the spring upside down. They don’t wanna sit in there straight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 167

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
The installation looks correct but appears to need adjustment to level off/align the headlights correctly.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I'm going to say your spring is not in the correct pocket. The recess you are in is for the tabs to locate the headlight into the housing.
If memory serves me right the spring follows under the bucket and locates in the pocket marked with the red arrow. It would allow the bucket to sit up off the header panel.

image_LI.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
That’s weird those are the ones I took out, ok i’ll see what I can do with that. and also the low beam light has a three prong and the high beam has a two prong but when I bought my LED replacement I can’t find a high beam with a two prong what’s up with that. Really appreciate the input

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That’s weird those are the ones I took out, ok i’ll see what I can do with that. and also the low beam light has a three prong and the high beam has a two prong but when I bought my LED replacement I can’t find a high beam with a two prong what’s up with that. Really appreciate the inpUT
Just don't use the 3rd pin. The outer lights are high and low; the inners are only high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor