Headlight switch wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinal1014

n00b
Nov 16, 2021
Can anyone help with a diagram for a headlight switch for a 86 Buick Regal limited. I am in the process of putting in a new wiring kit. And need help connecting new wiring into headlight switch. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 055ACD99-FFC7-4033-945B-329F15B2A74B.jpeg
    055ACD99-FFC7-4033-945B-329F15B2A74B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 335

Tobtech

n00b
Dec 5, 2021
Can anyone help with a diagram for a headlight switch for a 86 Buick Regal limited. I am in the process of putting in a new wiring kit. And need help connecting new wiring into headlight switch. Any help is appreciated.
I'm rewiring a '87 Regal and need this as well. I wouldn't mind having a whole wiring diagram. I'm using a universal harness with headlight relays. I attempted to test the switch but it appears to be bad but I would like to start with a wiring a diagram to confirm. If I find something first I will share it here.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Been looking through many wiring diagrams and those colors do not match anything I see. Biggest problem is GM used a yellow wire for the headlights, goes to the dimmer/Hi-Lo switch. Only two make sense in GM colors the grey would go to the dash lights and orange is often a power feed color (There are other uses for orange wires but they are never 12ga wires).

Did that wiring pigtail come from your regal? This same switch is used on other GM models, also this same switch with different markings that represent the same functions on the buttons is used in some Jeeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor