Headlights inop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
So driving to work yesterday morning in my 86 Cutlass Supreme and noticed that only my parking lights were on even with the headlight switch in the on position. Flipped in on and off a few times, but still no headlights. Flipped the high beams on and 3 out 4 headlights came on. After work played with it quick and was able to get all 4 to light with high beams on, turn off high beams and no low beams. I just unplugged the 2 inner bulbs and drove it home. Haven't had a chance to mess with it and won't until this weekend. I'm thinking a filament in the one bulb may have shorted to high beam lead? Gonna start with replacing the one bulb that wasn't originally working and going from there. Is it a possible bad switch? seeing if anyone else has had the same problem. IF not time to start with the wiring diagram and the multi-meter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
use a test light and check the light brown wire on the hi/lo headlight connection. If you have no power it could be the switch is bad. You have power going to the switch because your parking lights work

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Great cond working headlight switch from 86 cutty---29.41 shipped.pm me if needed.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Id be looking at the dimmer switch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor