headlights on buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
i have an 86 monte and an 84.
the 86 has the lights on and the key buzzer and ive been used to it for close to 30 yrs now.
the 84 is newer to me and i left the headlights on the other day because it was raining and i forgot to turn them off.
is my car just missing a simple plug in buzzer?
it has a buzzer when you first put the key in but none for the lights.

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
i see they sell aftermarket buzzer kits that are pretty cheap.
im just wondering if everything is there with mine from the factory and possibly i just need to hook it up or plug in a buzzer.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
If the 84 didn't come with the buzzer use the gray wire for the dash illumination lights for the positive side of a buzzer and ground it to the white ground wire for the courtesy lights.

If the lights are on and the door is opened the buzzer would sound.

Reactions: 1 users

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
thanks.....can i just pull the buzzer from a car at the junkyard and have it just plug in or is the wiring harness different ?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
thanks.....can i just pull the buzzer from a car at the junkyard and have it just plug in or is the wiring harness different ?
The wiring did change between some models, but a lot of GM's of the era were pin compatible. When I replaced mine, I ordered one from a C4 Corvette as they seem to be easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor