Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have 4 Hella conversion lenses, for the bulbs I have 2 bi xenon for the hi/lo and HID for the high. The Hella lenses are glass and have a nice beam pattern so the oncoming traffic is not bothered. Best lights I have had on any of my cars and I've never outran them

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I have 4 Hella conversion lenses, for the bulbs I have 2 bi xenon for the hi/lo and HID for the high. The Hella lenses are glass and have a nice beam pattern so the oncoming traffic is not bothered. Best lights I have had on any of my cars and I've never outran them

Did you have to go relays?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Did you have to go relays?

The kit for the hid comes with relays. Before I went to hid I tried the aftermarket halogen bulbs which worked great until I hit the high beams. The thermal breaker in the headlight switch tripped. Maybe I shouldn't have tried them the first time on a real dark unfamiliar country road. The headlight went back on with the low beams and I wired in relays the next day.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Screw that name brand stuff I am going to save some money and get some cheapy Ebay LED's with no beam pattern that are super bright so I can blind all of the oncoming traffic.;)

• Friendly
Reactions: 6 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Reactions: 1 users

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I agree Hella E-code H1's and H4's are one of the best set ups . You can go with or Halogen or LED bulbs .
That's what I used to run and was a great set up!

Or, If money is no object, you could go the full Monte (so to speak).
JW Speaker 4" x 6" LED Projectors.
Best Lighting I've ever had!
Here's a picture of the low beams...nice flat beam with proper cut off , no glare for oncoming traffic.
Plug N Play as they draw very little (no relays or custom wiring harness)

Attachments

• GN JW Speaker LED.jpg
    GN JW Speaker LED.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 823
  • JW Speaker Low and Hi Beam Pattern.jpeg
    JW Speaker Low and Hi Beam Pattern.jpeg
    787.4 KB · Views: 246
  • JW Speaker Low Beams.jpg
    JW Speaker Low Beams.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have the Hella low/high with the brighter Osram halogen bulbs. I moved the Wagner sealed beams to the high position. I put them on relays to lessen the load on the switch.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have standard Hella H4's currently, but they still could use relays to help them along. They just don't seem bright enough.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor