Headliner for a 1981 malibu 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_cramer_1980

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2019
Manchester, NH
Hello everyone

I am trying to find a new headliner for my 1981 malibu 4 door. I ordered a new one from carid.com 3 months ago and just got around to trying to install it. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong one and i didn't know until i tried to install it. Once i got it inside the car and tried to install it i noticed it was too wide and not long enough. I then found the instructions and they sent me one for a 1972-1976 Plymouth duster/Dodge demon. I'm hoping they can do something to help but it being 3 months later i doubt it.

Does someone have a good headliner or know of a company that makes a reproduction for the sedans?

Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Have you contacted the company, and will they make good for their screw up...or are they being elusive?
How bad is your existing headliner? can it be recovered, or is the physical structure bad?

George_cramer_1980

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2019
Manchester, NH
Have you contacted the company, and will they make good for their screw up...or are they being elusive?
How bad is your existing headliner? can it be recovered, or is the physical structure bad?

I sent an email to the company and I'm waiting for a response from them on what they can do.

My original headliner and backing were completely shot and fell to pieces before I even tried to remove it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor