Headliner question

L

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
My Montes headliner is pretty saggy so looking around for a new headliner I took notice there's a more than 1 option, dome light or map light. I've attached a picture if someone could tell me which I've got it would be greatly appreciated.
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180911%2F3d1320bffa3ce49ba579c74c6a10596c.jpg&hash=7b8c0c36bcab96dbe109cd2a15ec1ca6

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

L

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
Also I'd like to add what is a good indication that the headliner is beyond repair where I can't just glue it back down?

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Dome would the just the singular circle in the middle, you've got a map light my friend.

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also I'd like to add what is a good indication that the headliner is beyond repair where I can't just glue it back down?

From what I remember, the factory headliner was padded, the glue eats the foam over 30 years and it disintegrates and then sags. You can probably save the board if you can get it out without cracking it, and get some fabric the same color and texture and glue it straight to the board.

L

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
From what I remember, the factory headliner was padded, the glue eats the foam over 30 years and it disintegrates and then sags. You can probably save the board if you can get it out without cracking it, and get some fabric the same color and texture and glue it straight to the board.
I see thanks for your input, might wander to the craft store see if I can't find something close haha.

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Royal Smart Person
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Check for auto trim shops in your area...headliner fabric(like what was originally used) is available at sewing stores, but locally they only carry tan, gray, and black.

We used to have a place that sold all the stick-on molding, stripe kits, etc that dealers like to add on, they sold headliner fabric in all the colors, and it was very inexpensive, about a third to half what the online sites sell at.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Back when JC Whitney was JC Whitney they used to have fabric kits that would of mounted with supplied bows simular to the cars up to the mid '70's. Wish I got one back when they had them.

Huen79H/O

Huen79H/O

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2018
I just did my headliner this year I got my black fabric at Joanna's fabric very cheap and bought 3m headliner spary on glue it was easy several you tube videos

pontiac guy

pontiac guy

Apprentice
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
The correct fabric can be order from any resto company. Any trim shop can glue it back on. I did my GP about 4 months ago cost me $150 including material. Carried in. It's easy to remove. I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket board. Personally it's well worth the money to me to have the correct material on it and not have to deal with doing it myself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WV CHEVY MANN Interior 9
WV CHEVY MANN Interior 11
M Interior 2
Texas82GP Interior 8
timo22 Interior 4