Headliner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
How close does the carpet match the original because I was thinking of doing that as well one of these days but for some reason I'm afraid the piles gonna look different and end up bothering me lol

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

sorry I didn't get back to you...i've been busy on OLDScool. how it matches original i don't know, anytime i've done it i wasn't looking to go back to the original colors

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
If you have never done this job before and want to tackle it, seek help from someone nearby you that's done this sort of thing before. It's not real difficult, but if you haven't learned the ropes, you may get in over your head real fast. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there's a bit of finesse and learning curve you have to do with these stupid G-body headliners. The headliner was put in the car when the windshield was yet to be put in. Made it real easy. You can pull it out the passenger side but you may have to remove the passenger seat or recline it if you're lucky enough to have recliners. Bench you may need to remove the entire seat, not sure. I removed the non-reclining bucket on the passenger side of my 87 442 when I did that headliner.
Well as luck would have it I want to replace the carpet as well so I'll have the seats out, but thanks for mentioning I honestly didn't even give that a thought at first Lol!

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor