Headliner Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadorbarajas

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2010
Hemet, CA
Question. My headliner is all ripped up from driving with the windows down on the free way, I want to replace it. So I went ahead and started to take apart the interior to gain acces to the headliner to take out. How in the world do you remove the metal trim pieces all around it?! I really have no idea how to remove it. I mean, back one came off but, it looked like the clips were already broken, so only the screws on the end were holding it up. I wanna know on how to correctly remove the trim pieces. Oh, car is an '82 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, so only a coupe. Any advice/tips/help is GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks guys!!

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I just changed my headliner in my cutlass last week. To take those metal pieces off, I first got the plastic pillars off & loosened up the sail panels, which u prob already did, I then used a plastic molding puller to get the metal ones off. The metal ones are held on there pretty tight with clips, the plastic molding pullers work great & don't deny them up. They can be got cheap at a harbor freight or similar tool store.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
In my cutlass, I think I busted every one of the plastic clips holding them up, even when I did figure out the right way to pull them.
Found replacement clips on ebay for a pretty good price

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor