Headliner Trim Clip Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Anyone here install their own headliner ? I got the front section up tonight but now Im stuck.
I have no clue how the clips are supposed to go into the trim. Do the little tabs stick out or do they get bent in and go behind the lip as you slide the clip in ? If they stick out like in the photos what the heck do they do ???
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG

Also there has to be a top and bottom of the clip. Which way do they go ?
And the long trim that goes over the door opening, do they get held on by the three black clips screwed in over the door openings at all ? If they do, do they snap on or do I have to take the clips off, slide them into the trim and put the screws back in ?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looks to me like in the first pic the clip is 180 out

Thick part should be where the molding is thick

Snaps over the others...there'd be no way to screw them on once they're in the molding

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Believe they go under to preload the molding

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I believe Brian is right. Although it's been a few years now since I redid mine. It makes sense that the clips need to be flipped.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Im assuming you are both talking about the windshield trim. I'll try doing that to see how it fits. When I pulled the trim out of the Cutlass wagon for Jim I took a few photos of the clips and it looked like I had them in right but I dont remember how I had the trim on the bench. LOL

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well guys, this morning I went to the yard that has the hammered Cutlass wagon. I pulled the front and rear trim out of it for Jim but the remnants of the trim were still in and I could get an idea of how the clips are supposed to look. This is a completely original car with the headliner torn out. These are for the wide side trim over the quarter glass.
IMG_1198.JPG

• Winner

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
These are for the trim above the windshield. These were in a Cutlass sedan and I was able to pop the trim off without breaking the clips. Its a good thing because I wanted a couple of spares. The little tabs go towards the front and all three were on the top of the trim not in the track.
IMG_1196.JPG

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor