Headliner trim pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Yes just wondering if any of you wagon guys actually have any pics of the trim pieces that holds the headliner in? I got some pieces but don’t know what I’m missing

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Found it !!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Great info fellas. Jack, I think you sent me some trim when i was doing mine since mine were bent. I did buy NOS clips for the rea and the side, I can tell you they weren't cheap, but I had no other choice. I someone could 3d print a usable alternative that would be awesome! I remember them being funky shaped.
Also to the OP, do you have the headliner boards at least? They are not available.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Found it !!

Mich,
You're a gentleman and a scholar. Bravo! Thank you for posting the pics. That's very helpful. (y);)(y)

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Great info fellas. Jack, I think you sent me some trim when i was doing mine since mine were bent. I did buy NOS clips for the rea and the side, I can tell you they weren't cheap, but I had no other choice. I someone could 3d print a usable alternative that would be awesome! I remember them being funky shaped.
Also to the OP, do you have the headliner boards at least? They are not available.
Yeah Jim, that was awhile back, wasn't it. I sent you the two side pieces if I recall. I'm glad it went to good use.
At the time, I'm sorry I didn't purchase more of the 1/4 window trim clips. Those are like finding the proverbial unicorn. They are rather unique looking. I wouldn't mind having a few extras of those clips.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I think the Olds wagon at the junkyard I go to "might" have some of the trim pieces still in it. Its been a while since I looked at that car. Mainly because its stacked on an SUV and theres not much room on either side. They stack them close. I might be able to get out there next week. Downside to going there is EVERY time I walk through that yard I get covered in ticks. Strange since the grass isnt that long in most of the yard. As soon as I get home my wife has to check my body. Last time I had 6 or 7. They suck. The last thing I need right now is to get Lyme. UGH

• Scared
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the Olds wagon at the junkyard I go to "might" have some of the trim pieces still in it. Its been a while since I looked at that car. Mainly because its stacked on an SUV and theres not much room on either side. They stack them close. I might be able to get out there next week. Downside to going there is EVERY time I walk through that yard I get covered in ticks. Strange since the grass isnt that long in most of the yard. As soon as I get home my wife has to check my body. Last time I had 6 or 7. They suck. The last thing I need right now is to get Lyme. UGH
Be safe out there, Mich. Ticks suck....literally. That wagon has benefitted several members, much like a human organ donor.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Sigh. Us wagon folk are the red-headed step-child of the G-body community. :mrgreen:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

nomoar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2014
I had to use a combination of the few aftermarket options and screws.

Headliner: Sheet metal screw + washers work pretty well to get the headliner board in place. This replaces these thin metal clips that pop into slots in the metal rim around where the headliner sits, you can put a screw into the slot just like the a-pillar trims pieces are mounted. Below is what the headliner clip looks like, replace this with a fender washer and screw.
1659113971034.png
1659114000158.png
1659114480668.png

For the front trim piece above windshield:: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW4R3VF/?tag=gbody-20
1659112848141.png

Sides (front) trim pieces: These ones I believe you can get off of any g-body, which is easier than a g-body wagon...
1659112904096.png
1659113923985.png

Sides (rear): These clips seem fully extinct. I had to use a single screw along the middle of the trim piece... Might paint it to match some day.
1659113552298.png
1659114376471.png

Rear:
Until very recently (a year ago) you could buy the clips for the rear molding piece from www.althefastener.com - but looks like they don't have them any more! Might be worth reaching out to them. You can probably use screws instead?
1659114433093.png

• Informative

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're right about the availability of certain clips. The small U-shaped ones can be found in most G-body cars. The interior windshield moulding clips are standard issue on all A/G-body cars. The 1/4 window and rear window moulding clips are specific to wagons only. The rear window clips were available not too long ago. I checked those sources recently, but unfortunately they're no longer in business.
You can use finishing screws as a last resort, but many of us would rather not, no offense.
You could use a chrome oval head phillips screw, but it would look better if you indented screw hole and recessed the screw to give it a more finished look.

Last edited:

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I found them in a search of clip suppliers in a Hemmings years ago. I remember the clips were displayed on large pieces of plywood on the guys webpage. . Im pretty sure he had all of them. Me being a dumb *ss I didnt keep the guys info. I honestly dont even remember what state he was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor