Heat only box, is it worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I got this heat only box in the deal with my el camino, i dont really have a use for it as im going with a vintage air unit on my cutlass. Is this worth anything in sale? It doesnt have the blower motor in it but it does have the vents and heat only head unit for the dash
heat only box.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Someone might throw you a few bucks ($20-50?) for it because it is incomplete, just don't price it like gold and take whatever you can get or risk tripping over it forever.

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Yeah not looking to be greedy, i dont like when people price stuff to the moon. Keeping good prices on parts flowing is what makes the hobby enjoyable and doable in my opinion.

Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Yeah not looking to be greedy, i dont like when people price stuff to the moon. Keeping good prices on parts flowing is what makes the hobby enjoyable and doable in my opinion.
Are you willing to ship it? That makes a difference as well.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Yeah thats a big one that im going to have to put some thought into as well. Can honestly say that shipping is a giant pain but will probably have to ship it
Exactly. Shipping definitely opens your market options.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The problem with shipping is it is bulky and fragile and we all know how stuff gets handled

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The problem with shipping is it is bulky and fragile and we all know how stuff gets handled
Would definitely require reinforcement on the packaging. Thin press-board usually works as well as double walling the cardboard (or a combo of both) along w/some sort of material to pack the inside w/to minimize movement.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Would definitely require reinforcement on the packaging. Thin press-board usually works as well as double walling the cardboard (or a combo of both) along w/some sort of material to pack the inside w/to minimize movement.
It could probably be wrapped in plastic put it in a box and use spray expanding foam to hold everything in place

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor