Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Reactions: 7 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I was today years old when I found out that heat shrink hose clamps existed. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
They're one time use. I used them to make a hose from silicone elbows, so they're permanent. I used worm drives on the ends.

I forgot to add that they go by I.D., so measure the O.D. of the hose you want to use them on.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They're one time use. I used them to make a hose from silicone elbows, so they're permanent. I used worm drives on the ends.

I forgot to add that they go by I.D., so measure the O.D. of the hose you want to use them on.

since they are one time use just wondering if you have spares on the shelf do they shrink over time

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've got 3 that are 1.75 I.D. I'm not using. If you run them thru the google machine, you'll see they come on a cardboard ring to keep them from shrinking. Collapse the cardboard, then install on hose.....

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've used them for years,love em.if your shopping around,Allstar performance repackages the gates as their own.shows up in a Allstar wrapper with says gates on the band.
if you end up using them on the regular gates a removal tool that works well.doesn't cut the hose.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've used them for years,love em.if your shopping around,Allstar performance repackages the gates as their own.shows up in a Allstar wrapper with says gates on the band.
if you end up using them on the regular gates a removal tool that works well.doesn't cut the hose.
I had the worst time tracking down the sizes. That's why I posted the chart they emiled me. I never saw the Allstar ones. Most of the Amazon listings just say "CLAMP", so you had to have the model number.

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I had the worst time tracking down the sizes. That's why I posted the chart they emailed me. I never saw the All-star ones. Most of the Amazon listings just say "CLAMP", so you had to have the model number.
nice chart.
I get them through summit,it's kind of odd to gauge some things @ first.like some hoses are a tad larger when slipped over their respective applications.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor