Resource icon

RESOURCE Heat Shrink Hose Clamps 2020-10-16

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I never knew such a thing existed, interesting. Also used a plumbing nipple to extend the hose past the serpentine setup with the stock Olds G body top hose. These would have made it look much neater.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you work on your vehicle a lot, whether you have to or just piddling around changing out stuff, these would make no sense, economically or practically. If you got everything you want in place and will not be planning on messing with it, they could solve issues where clearances and situations may warrant and may make more sense.

The LAST thing I'd need is to blow a hose on a trip and then have to carry or buy conventional hose clamps along with a new hose because you very likely won't be installing these on the side of an interstate. May work for some people, but for me?....meh.

• Agree

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
A friend of mine put some on his El Camino, they look good. I decided against using them, if you got to disconnect a hose you have to cut the clamp and then shrink on a new one. I can't see doing that on the road.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
1603579583683.png
I've been changing to the newer style tension clamps vs the worm type. Buy them at the Pick & Pull a bunch of sizes for a few bucks, light coat of gray spray and look like new.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor