Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Will this work for HEI ignition module heat sink compound ? It is both thermally and electrically conductive so I know I can't go overdo it due to potential arcing.
It looks more for IC’s, but I’d say it would work.

If you plan to use heat sink paste, and want to get it sooner I would just go to your local computer/electronic store and buy a small tube of Arctic Silver 5 or MX-2 because of the metals used.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This is fairly reasonable in price, and it works. Make sure it says heat sink or thermal paste on the package. You want it to transfer heat. Also, the Super Lube is dielectric, so it won't be conductive. Win-win.

Don't bother using plain dielectric grease on HEI modules. It needs to be heat transferrable. Plain old dielectric grease isn't designed for that.

$6 and change from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor