Heat soak......tired of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I just ordered it from summit.. $206... thank you. I'm sure this will be fun to do!

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Would you still wrap it in the heat blanket before you put it on or leave it the way it is

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Would you still wrap it in the heat blanket before you put it on or leave it the way it is

Wrap the headers, and place a physical heat shield between the starter and headers - air is the best insulator and the shield will block/reflect radiant heat. Wrapping the starter will hold heat in the starter where air flow around the starter will remove latent heat.

Hot always transfers to cold.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Wrap the headers, and place a physical heat shield between the starter and headers - air is the best insulator and the shield will block/reflect radiant heat. Wrapping the starter will hold heat in the starter where air flow around the starter will remove latent heat.

Hot always transfers to cold.
Awesome. I will do that. I appreciate the info

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Powermaster Olds/Pontiac starter is a good one. Actually sbc mini starters work for the Olds V8. The basic $120 Powermaster sbc starter is decent and fairly compact. Do you have the smaller 307 starter? It is useless once warm.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
The Powermaster Olds/Pontiac starter is a good one. Actually sbc mini starters work for the Olds V8. The basic $120 Powermaster sbc starter is decent and fairly compact. Do you have the smaller 307 starter? It is useless once warm.
I'm sure it's the stock one for the 403 motor. Looks huge and heavy! If I drive 20 minutes, I better let it sit for 10 or 15 before I start it

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor