Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Couldnt find a 40, so Had to use a 30amp since I put on the atm style. But I drove it for a while and even Had it at the car show...plus Had all electronics on and didn't blow any more fuses. Just gonna have to stay close to home and wait to see what it takes to blow again...gonna be a while to trust the car again...was my first time it left me stranded

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Got the 2ga wire that the starter recommends. Gonna redo the two 12 ga wires from the starter...will put regular fuse holder that will handle larger amp fuses. Before The 2 old 12ga wires went into 1 connector at the starter. can I still do that or leave them on seperate connector. Not sure how much threads I will have after putting the 2ga, and 2 seperate 12 ga connectors on the 1 stud.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Multiple wires in a single ring are fine if all the strands fit. My old rule of thumb was 2 of wire gauge= next size up, so 2 10 gauge are equal to 1 8 gauge. 2- 12ga.- use a 8 or 10 ga. ring terminal.

Reactions: 1 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Might still be too early to really tell, but seems like it is fixed. Put 2ga cable to battery from starter. 2 ga ground from battery to block. New 11ga wire with atc 30 amp fuses from starter to firewall. Used extra shrink tube on soldering joints. Routed the wires better and Also put the nice cloth wire loom on, repels 400 degrees consistantly but melts at 5 or 600 degrees. Plus wrapped the headers. So think i got it done 😎

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor