Heater & AC doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joser8051

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2018
Santa Barbara
Hey guys so I have a 1986 Buick Regal and my AC & heater doesn't work. I saw some videos on YouTube on how to recharge a car where the AC doesn't work but most of them were newer cars. Is it the same for G-Bodies aswell where I can just get a refrigerant can that they sell at any auto parts store and connect it to port or no? My heater also doesn't work and I wanted to ask you guys if you guys know how to fix AC & heater on g-bodies. I tried looking stuff up on YouTube but all that comes up is AC delete stuff and whatnot. Thank you guys for taking time to read my post & maybe help me out! Much appreciated !

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Use the search here- should have plenty of hits.
Your A/C is more than likely R12 which is difficult to find these days. Your best bet would be complete replacement with a 134 conversion in my opinion.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Check for cracked vacuum lines under the hood near the heater box. Do any of the speeds on the heater work?

Joser8051

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2018
Santa Barbara
Use the search here- should have plenty of hits.
Your A/C is more than likely R12 which is difficult to find these days. Your best bet would be complete replacement with a 134 conversion in my opinion.
Thank you I’ll look into that. Much appreciated
Check for cracked vacuum lines under the hood near the heater box. Do any of the speeds on the heater work?
okay I’ll check that thanks & no nothing works, not even on low

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The grey connector on the resistor (black football shaped plastic thing held on with 2 screws next to the blower motor) usually ends up corroding or melting. Check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor