Heater Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrobjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2009
Have any of you guys ever removed the heater box before ? I am installing valve springs and don't have room to get the last 2 springs at # 8 cylinder.(1981 Monte Carlo- Buick 350)Need your expertise in a hurry.

Not easy. You have to remove the inner fender and you risk cracking the box due to that sealant being pretty tough. Probably easier than removing the head, though. Sure you can't figure out a way to remove those springs with it in place?

I agree. That's a huge job for anyone to do. What kind of spring compressor are you useing? The huge "C" shaped one or the lever type that fits over the rocker stud? I know Buick has shaft mounted rockers, would the lever type work on it? That one should miss the box alltogether.

I have the one with the level and the heater box in in the way. These are shaft mounted rockers on here. I saw another type compressor where you turn the knob or you can remove the knob and use a 5/8 wrench or socket. Let me know something Thanks a lot for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor