Heater core screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCit

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
North Jersey
I’m in the midst of changing my heater core. The one I picked up at my local parts store doesn’t match my old heater core. While attempting to make the original clip that holds the core down I screwed it up. I now have a core that more precisely Fits and it’s like the old heater core. But I have no clip now.
Would anyone on this vast forum have a clip they would like to sell know where I could get a clip or give me some ideas on how I can hold it down another way. I can’t be the only person who’s ever changed a heater core and screwed the clip up. Can I ?
Also what are opinions on changing the evaporator while I have everything apart.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Unless your old evaporator is a piece of crap or is crusty (holes to become likely with corrosion) I'd leave it alone, unless your A/C doesn't work and this is a part to make it work.

You may have got a non A/C core instead of an A/C heater core. They are different.

The only core clip I can find for that application is GM p/n 3035211. But it's discontinued obviously. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor