Heater help!!!!!!! Edlebrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok fellas so this year its pretty cold and it sucks not having a heater..... I need some of your guy's help...So as you all know when i bought chopper i bought it off some dumb *ss mechanic that didnt know what the hell he was doing, so i dont want to take any chances.. He replaced the heater core on it did he do it right??? idk probably not !! he didnt do anything right on this car lol well anyways i have to hook up the hoses to the heater core but dont know in what order they go.. also i heard there is a valve that has to hook up to one of the hoses and a vacum line that idk where it is or if its there? :blam:... Here is my big concern i took off the quad when i first got it and hooked up a edelbrock will it effect anything since it does not have the ac and heater soleniod, :?: and where can i find the vacum line? is there anything i should be looking for??

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The valve you are reffering to is just a heater valve. You can pick one up at the parts store for less than $20 :mrgreen: The carburetor shouldn't affect your heating. As for the vacuum line for the valve, just choose a vacuum port that is capped off and run a piece of vacuum hose :idea:

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
RITTER said:
The valve you are reffering to is just a heater valve. You can pick one up at the parts store for less than $20 :mrgreen: The carburetor shouldn't affect your heating. As for the vacuum line for the valve, just choose a vacuum port that is capped off and run a piece of vacuum hose :idea:

:mrgreen: GRACIAS!!!!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
as far as the order the two hoses are different diameters, one's 5/8 and the other is 3/4 so they only go on one way. The valve goes in the 5/8 line and when your installing the hoses on the heater core it helps if you lube the tubes on the heater core so the core doesn't get damaged trying to slide the hoses on

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
pontiacgp said:
as far as the order the two hoses are different diameters, one's 5/8 and the other is 3/4 so they only go on one way. The valve goes in the 5/8 line
Oh yeah, forgot to hit on that.

pontiacgp, I feel like we are on the forum way too much :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor