Heater hose routing 305 Chevy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I will be installing my heat/ac box this week and unsure on the heater hose routing. I bought a new valve to go in the heater hose but unsure which. If your standing in front of the car looking at the hoses coming out of the heater core, which goes where? I also bought an F body radiator and it has the heater hose port on it. I'd rather use it and plug the water pump. I think it would be a cleaner looking hose setup. Help

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
I will be installing my heat/ac box this week and unsure on the heater hose routing. I bought a new valve to go in the heater hose but unsure which. If your standing in front of the car looking at the hoses coming out of the heater core, which goes where? I also bought an F body radiator and it has the heater hose port on it. I'd rather use it and plug the water pump. I think it would be a cleaner looking hose setup. Help

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Standing in front of the vehicle, left side goes to the intake and the right goes to the water pump. It doesen;t really matter since its just a loop. If ya plan on driving it in cold weather don't hook it into the rad because it will take longer to get heat.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If it helps, here is the hose routing on the stock 305 in my other Cutlass. I know it's an AC car, but that shouldn't matter.
image.jpeg

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
The heater valve I got is plastic. Is the one in the pic bolt to the intake? I like that cause it could be turned to get the hose away from the valve cover. Also would like to know where I can get my hands on some of the vinyl gray and purple hose coming from the heat/ac box????

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The heater valve I got is plastic. Is the one in the pic bolt to the intake? I like that cause it could be turned to get the hose away from the valve cover. Also would like to know where I can get my hands on some of the vinyl gray and purple hose coming from the heat/ac box????
Hafrod, the heater valve I've got on my car in the pic is a steel unit, I'm pretty sure it's still the original. It threads into a port in the corner of the intake. This is the best pic I could get of it, you can just see the stem going into the intake below the main body.
image.jpeg

As far as the colored vaccum line tubing, I've never found anyone offering it aftermarket. I think your best bet is to hit the salvage yards for that stuff, which sucks 'cause it'll be 30+ years old and hard and brittle.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Went to my local O'Reilleys to get a heater valve. They had no listing for a heater valve on a 78-79 Cutlass with Chevy 305. I told them to try 79 Monte Carlo with 305 and it showed up. I think it was $17.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor