Heater hoses on a performer intake with vortec heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Ran into an issue while prepping my new crate engine. Intake instructions say there must be a hose from the front of the intake to the water pump, no problem. Hose outlet on the passenger side, no problem. The outlet on the passenger side comes out right in the way of the water neck. My question is...should I replace the water neck with one that comes out straight, or is there an angled fitting to allow that hose to go under the upper rad hose, or am I doing it all wrong? Lol! I've attached a pic to show where i'm sitting right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20160223_145529.jpg
    IMG_20160223_145529.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,420

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have my heater hose on the left and from the water pump for the other hose, I have my fan switch in the intake where you have the hose installed.

IMG_20160223_145529.jpg

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you recall at the rear that is where the coolant port in the intake is blocked so the bypass hose keeps the water flowing to prevent a hot spot at the intake in that area. I checked that area on mine with a inferred thermometer and it was not a problem.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
similar to GP I capped the front and drivers side ports ( cheap brass plugs from HD painted to match the intake ). I run the Passenger Side Port ( the one gp circled ) and the one off the waterpump to the heater core. Are you not running a heater ? Then bypass from the PS to the Pump or the front of the intake to the pump as you have already done and cap the other 2.

To bypass or not to bypass has been a debated for years. Some say it creates "hot" spots in the head until the thermostat opens. Others state the water flows just fine with the system capped for many years in high performance applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor